We are looking for talented backend engineers to bring this mobility payment platform to the next level, both in terms of functionality (yes, we want to support all mobility modes & payment means!) as in terms of scalability (yes, we want to conquer the world with our technology!).
We expect you to think with us, suggest solutions and stay on top of your knowledge of current and evolving technologies.
As a backend developer at Be-Mobile you will be working on our mobility payment platform and applications. Your main responsibilities include:
- Technical analysis of the components that need to be implemented, determining their scope and technical designs
- Develop, implement, unit-test and maintain new software code
- Work closely with the Project / Product Managers to provide delivery according to schedule
- Collaborate with team members during the design and implementation phase
- Senior: provide coaching to the more junior analyst-programmers of the team
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of current and evolving technologies.
Characteristics of the ideal candidate for us:
- Experience with backend systems and software development in object-oriented languages (C++, C#, Java, PHP, Python, etc.). The main languages for the mobility payments backend will be PHP and C#.
- We are using both relational (Oracle, Postgres and Azure SQL database) and non-relational databases (Azure Table Storage, Cassandra, ElasticSearch. Mongodb, Redis, etc.), depending on our needs. Do you know the main differences between these databases, and their general strengths and weaknesses?
- Experience with backend architectures running on cloud platforms like Amazon or Azure.
- You are familiar with cutting edge technologies and you are up-to-date with the latest trends and emerging new backend technologies. Moreover, you’re confident and excited about learning new technologies.
- Good knowledge of software engineering fundamentals, including data structures, design patterns, testing and debugging skills.
- Experience with continuous integration, delivery and unit testing is important, as our backend is based on a micro service oriented architecture.
- Bachelor degree level or higher in ICT.
The skills that make a great senior backend developer in our team are:
- Fluent in Dutch and/or Enlish
- Pragmatic teamplayer and problem solver
- Coaching skills for colleagues in senior positions.
You will work in a young, dynamic and enthusiastic team, where you will be part of our ambitious expansion plans. As we want to keep our team healthy and promote team work, we organize the following activities:
- Weekly group fitness at the office (not to worry, it’s optional)
- A foosball table
- Team events
- We provide an interesting total remuneration package, which we will explain during the selection process.