The Be-Mobile turnkey mobility management tool offers an accurate cloud-based traffic center for dynamic routing advice based on high-quality and reliable Be-Mobile data. FLOWcontrol can be set up in a matter of hours to trigger traffic optimization scenarios by informing travelers on:
- Road events: roadworks, large public events, speed advice, the tail of a traffic jam, travel times, …
- Alternative routes or modes of transport and incentives
- Parking: parking timer, payment tracking, on-street and off-street parking space availability, guidance, time-to-travel, … E.g. Shop&Go is a FLOWcontrol solution based on sensors to allow a maximum parking time to ease the short-term parking in city centers.
allows traffic communication on respectively fixed and mobile infrastructures to influence the traveler with:
- On-street with Variable Message Sign (VMS) or trailer-mounted displays
- Intelligent parking guidance system
- In-car via the car app or infrastructure-to-vehicle (I2V)
- Online on a website or in an app eg. Brussels Airport app
- Traffic centers.
The C-ITS platform enables connected vehicles (V) to communicate with each other and the road infrastructure (I) via the mobile network, optimizing road management without increasing the costs. The Dutch Ministry of Infrastructure and Water Management trusted Be-Mobile to be part of the Partnership Talking Traffic to implement C-ITS in the Netherlands. A Cooperative – Intelligent Transport System allows communication with road nodes disseminating information to all other nodes in a specific geographical area:
- I2V: personalized and location based traffic control messages into the dashboard
- V2I: connected cars inform traffic lights and VMS signs
- V2V: connected cars warn each other.
There are multiple use cases such as:
- Green waves
- Emergency vehicles approaching
- Emergency electronic brake light
- Traffic jam ahead warning
- Road works warning
- In-vehicle speed limit
- Green light optimal speed advisory / time-to-green.